Sunday, June 27, 2010

Digital Scrapbooking Frenzy!

So, yes. If you look at the Adkins Family Blog over there, you will see that I haven't updated for a while, but the last time I did, I changed the design to scrapbooking-type stuff. I have fallen in love with it.

So I thought I would share a few of my favorite layouts with you guys. :) Links to the main page of all websites listed for creations are at the bottom of the page. If you have any questions as to what specific elements came from what kits, just leave me a comment, and I'll get back to you promptly. :)


This was the second page I ever made. I used a lot of elements from the ScrapGirls Refresh Collection, and some from ComputerScrapbook.com's huge amount of free kits - mostly by Correen Silke and J Baechtold. The cluster of frames in the upper right is a freebie from ScrappyPrincess.com. I made this layout with the pictures that I had taken in March when I took my wedding ring for a "walk" among the plants and flowers of campus. The photos turned out really well, and while I may re-do this page later (I'll probably make a 4x6 album with 1 pic a page) - I'm happy with it as it stands now.


This is a page that I made for my best friend and her boyfriend. :) Waiting with baited breath for him to propose. This was one of the first layouts I ever did with a layout template, and I'm really happy with how it worked out! The template is from the ScrapGirls Refresh Collection. All papers, elements, and the alpha come from ComputerScrapbook.com, mostly by Correen Silke, Valerie Foster, and J Baechtold.


This is the cover page of a secret project for my best friend for her birthday. Made with the same template kit as the layout above, ScrapGirls Refresh Collection. I recolored a large portion of a kit by Valerie Foster from ComputerScrapbook.com to make it fit the page, and the ribbon is from RPenn's Express Yourself Collection from ScrappyPrincess.com.



I made this page for my husband, to cheer him up one day when he was feeling down. I did not use a layout template for this one, as you can see, I'm working on being dynamic with my layouts without templates. It's hard - now that I know they exist, I'm addicted to them! I love the soft colors in this one, and the pictures. This was made almost completely using RPenn's Express Yourself Collection from ScrappyPrincess.com. I also used alphas and embellishments from Correen Silke's kits on ComputerScrapbook.com



I made this layout after seeing my mother's outfit at my sister's birthday party - imagine my suprise when it matched EXACTLY ScrapGirls Refresh Collection! I was super excited to scrap it - and to use the Bursting template that I had recently bought from Scrapgirls as well. Interesting fact about the background paper: The circle mat on the layout is actually two papers - I deleted the base color on the swirly patterned page, and used Gimp's Value overlay to fade it into the blue paper. :) Designer-style papers made easy!




Two page layout for my dad for father's day. I love him so much, and he has been so supportive throughout my life, I wanted to do something special for him, and I don't have any money, and he loves creative stuff anyway. :) I used a lot of things in this kit, so bear with me while I hit the credits. The sketch for this layout came from DebbieHodge.com. I used papers and elements by Valerie Foster, J Baechtold, Correen Silke, and R Dickson, available at ComputerScrapbook.com. I also used bits from a father's day challenge mini kit by Marie, available at FreeDigitalScrapbooking.com.



Holy wow, Batman, it's a spread! My husband wrote a poem about our youngest cat, Kaylee Jo, and I scrapped it. This spread was part of a ScrapGirls embellishment challenge - to try and use a lot of them without it looking cluttered. I'm not sure if I love it or not, but it is another of the layouts I made without a template, so I'm including it. :) I used papers and elements by Valerie Foster, J Baechtold, Correen Silke, and R Dickson, available at ComputerScrapbook.com. And, oddly enough, this page only uses their stuff.


I got married around Christmas, so at the beginning of December my family held an Ornament Shower for me, and my grandmother slipped an index card with this quote on it in my gift. I actually made this layout as part of a spread to showcase our engagement pictures, but I don't have them ready for public viewing, so I stuck some other random pictures in there so I could show it off. I really like it. Template is from SimpleScrapper.com as well as the black paper, by Jeanette Bollinger. Embellishments are by Amanda Sok, from ScrapGirls.com, and Correen Silke from ComputerScrapbook.com.


This one is of my kittens - Jack and Kaylee. Aren't they precious? I used one of Marie's templates from FreeDigitalScrapbooking.com on the right hand side, and a piece from an Amanda Sok's Tear it Up template from ScrapGirls.com. Backgrounds are from ScrappyPrincess.com, and I used Amanda Sok's Bespoke Emblem's Set, the Little Labels set by Marie of FreeDigitalScrapbooking.com, and Refresh Collection from ScrapGirls.com.

That's it for this batch! Hope you enjoy them!

Credits:
www.freedigitalscrapbooking.comm
www.scrappyprincess.com
www.scrapgirls.com
www.simplescrapper.com
www.computerscrapbook.com

No comments: