Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Home Again, Home Again...

I find, with each passing day, I am more and more glad to be home.
Yesterday was exhausting. Phew.
It was the dress rehearsal for Dr. Wolf's Studio Recital & Fall Opera Scenes. Which naturally means that Deanna (Opera Guild President) and myself (Opera Guild's oldest current standing member and Treasurer) were out and on the go all day. Phew! It's a good thing she's staying at my house all week, we could just crash when it was all over!
My day looked something like this:
7:00 - alarm went off. It was around this time. I woke up, Dee didn't.
7:15 - I was dressed, Dee was wiping sand out of her eyes. :P
7:45 - showers and breakfast aside, we were ready to leave.
8:00 - Institute (studying D&C this semester)
9:00 - Go back to apartment for computer power chord - dummy.
9:15 - Go to Chase and get change. Because cash is imporant to have on hand.
9:20 - 10:15 - Drive around campus and curse EKU parking. Epic fail.
10:20 - Arrive at class. Is there a test today?
10:21 - Check the syllabus. THERE ARE NO DATES.
10:24 - Ask a classmate. No idea.
10:25 - Ask another. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING!
10:26 - 11:59 - FREAK OUT! And study the powerpoints online. OH WAIT - you don't have Microsoft Office. Nevermind.
11:00 - Biology starts. Test is not for two more weeks. Experience sweet relief.
12:00 - Walk to Foster.
12:15 - Wait for Deanna to get un-Lost.
12:20 - Go with Dee to pay her rent, pick up her props. We are getting tired now. Found the next two issues of a manga I'm reading in her apartment. Ganked them. Sweet victory.
1:16 - Go to my apartment. Pick up props. Play with kittens. Joy.
1:45 -Go to ACE. Dee's mother is not there. Her grandmother is in the hospital. Lovely.
2:00 - Go to the Dollar Tree. They do not have what we need. We continue to be tired.
2:10 - Go to Hobby Lobby. FINALLY! Found (part of) it!
2:50 - Sit in traffic.
3:05 - Go to Party City. Found the other part. Debated over price. Was tired, bought the cheaper of the two. Declared it suitable.
3:20 - Drive to campus. Park. Then WALK to rehearsal.
3:24 - I found myself with a serious desire to cause bodily harm to the first person to be snarky to me.
3:30 - Rehearsal starts. We have to dress Chase for his opera scene. He likes Orange & Purple, I like Teal. Deanna overrides him and says yes Teal. I have a moment of triumph.
3:40 - Dee starts rehearsal for Stoned Guest.
3:41 - Children start arriving for Oliver! scene. I have to answer many questions.
4:00 - Five kids (that's two more than were at rehearsal last week) Dee, Courtney, and I begin drawing food on posterboard.
4:15 - Act like you have energy. Check. Devise choreography for end of children's scene. Check. Rehearse it with them three times. Check. Fall over and die now? Nope, not happening.
5:00 - Rehearse La Boheme. Face melts off because I have forgotten all the words to my aria. Which is in Italian. Failcakes.
5:30 - Rehearsal blessedly ends. Dee remembers to pick up the markers that I was too tired to care about. All leave.
5:45 - Have urgent desire to speak with Ashley. Get offered free food from Subway. Take her up on offer. Have dinner. Speak urgently.
7:00 - Husband calls. Wants to know why I am not home and where is the chili? I am embarassed - I forgot it.
7:20 - I am home. Husband forgives me.
8:something - I am tired. I go to bed.
9:something - ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

This said. I am again tired. And tomorrow is the performance. And I'm still having word difficulties.
But on the bright side, baby has decided to behave and quit with the nausea thing. :) Woohoo!

No comments: