Friday, August 27, 2010

The first week of school

This week has just been a hot mess. Lots of things happening, and I'm a little slow to deal with them all. I had a breakdown over work, almost quit, and got a transfer-

Actually, I'm going to stop there for a moment. Oh, how I absolutely hate Starbucks. That store has just some of my worst work memories in it (which, if anyone reading this remembers my ill-fated work summer in south Florida, is saying something). The drinks are complex and did I mention coffee-filled, the store and storage area are tiny and cramped, the music is rarely worth mentioning, and the manager (well, now the manager's manager) is a nervous wreck all the time and freaks out over nothing. She's one of the least professional people I've ever met.

Anyway, I threatened to quit (no, I tried, they wouldn't let me) and instead got offered a transfer to the other coffee shop on campus, where She never is and where most people just come for a Coke or a smoothie anyway. So, I feel much better about working there. Thank goodness. I was beginning to think I was going to be stuck in The Place of Awfulness.

Kaylee and Jack discovered the empty cardboard that once housed a 12-pack of generic coke today. I wish I had pictures for you. They were super cute while they demolished it. Unfortunately, last weekend my camera's batteries decided to poop out and guess who hasn't managed to replace them yet?

Yeah, that would be me.

So, instead of pictures of kittens, I give you scrapbooking goodness.


This one was made almost entirely with Scrappy Princess' "Happy Go Lucky" and "Festival" free kits. The alpha, however, was made by K. Aragard and offered as a freebie on her website. Nathan and I took this picture in Hastings about a month ago. It's one of my favorites of ours.

No comments: