Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hmm.

Have I mentioned, like, ever, that I suck at updating this thing?

I need to get better at it - how am I going to document our lives if huge chunks keep getting left out???

Anyway, news:

1. I am officially 30 weeks pregnant. :D Holy cow, time flies! It's hard to imagine that Nathan and I only have 10 more weeks (if we're lucky) before someone very small changes our lives forever! We have ultrasound pictures of Maggie's face now (it looks a little more like normal than it did around Christmas), just post-thumb sucking. We got to see her do that on the ultrasound itself, though,which was pretty cool. And man is she kicking up a storm! I feel like all she ever does is wiggle - and conversely, squeeze my bladder/stomach to within an inch of incontinence either way. I'm constantly fighting the need to throw up now. This trimester? Starting out WAY worse than the first one.

2. I am a little guiltily excited to report that my best friend will NOT be moving away to California after she gets married this summer. Plans, like usual for everyone I know, have changed several times since they were first made, but it appears that she and Adam are going to be staying in Kentucky, at least for a little while. (Yay!)

3. I would like to take a moent and note how much I hate typing on my husband's computer. Ugh. The track-pad is so big that I literally have to hold my hands off the keyboard with only my fingers touching in order to type without accidentally clicking away from the part of the text I'm typing in. I find myself having to stop every few sentences and give my wrists a rest. Guess I'm going to have to clean off the desk in the bedroom now, since the only reason I'm using his computer is that it's actually on a desk, and I don't really have enough lap to support my laptop anymore. /sigh

4. Going back to my first point, I am stumped as to how I'm going to keep my house clean with a newborn in it. I can barely manage now, when she's not doing anything more than poking at my intestines/stomach. I have half a mind to go through the dirty laundry and throw most of it out. I can't keep up with it, and it's not like we don't have a FULL dresser, armoire, and closet already. With the winter coats/sweaters in storage AND the strictly summer clothes in storage too. Blargh.

5. Also, I think it is possible that Jack is allergic to seafood. We changed their food a couple months ago to the "Premium" brand of the wal-mart, generic, huge-bag-of cat food, that has flavors like tuna, salmon, and shrimp in it. Since then, he's had steadily increasing fits of vomiting up half-digested food. At first it was only once a week, if that, but in the last week it's been almost every day. After weighing out a couple of other options, Nathan and I have decided to switch back to the 'normal' catfood - turkey, ham, beef flavors - and see if that puts an end to the vomiting. If it doesn't, we're going to have to take him to the vet. :/ I would like to avoid that option if I could, since he is a very normal, healthy, playful, year-old cat other than the vomiting issue. And, you know, since the vet is freaking expensive.

6. Nathan is in Cincinnatti, OH, this week. The University of Cincinnatti runs on quarters, rather than semesters, and it's the end of the Winter term, so he's out doing a student textbook buyback. There are over 41,000 students at UofC, so this ought to be a pretty lucrative venture, once the kids have enough of their exams done that they want to sell their books. He's set up in a trailer near one of the main campus exits, and by some off-campus housing, and he says it hasn't been horrible, for a Monday/Tuesday when the weather has been bad. But he's advertised and everything, and people are coming to sell him books, so I have faith that the rest of this week will be good.

Anyway, that's all I feel like reporting on today. I'm going to go back and at least fill in pictures and short posts from the past month or so in the next day or two. I'll let you know when I get set up at my own desk, and can post things from there. (My laptop rules, and Nathan's laptop drools - get it straight, people.) :D

'Till next time!

No comments: